Learn to be an intuitive cook with 110 healthy Italian recipes from Los Angeles’ most entertaining and irreverent cooking teacher, Elana Horwich.
Imagine yourself feeling so confident in the kitchen that cooking was like a sensual dance. What if you could open your fridge and just whip up a succulent sauce as if you were an Italian in Tuscany or on the Riviera? What if you could feed friends and family a decadent yet healthy feast without stressing out about it and without even following a recipe?
Named after her popular LA-based business Meal and a Spiel, Elana Horwich (GoodDayLA, KCAL, KNBC, Real Simple, Huffington Post) uses her signature Jewish sense of humor to take the fear out of learning to cook. With experiences from teaching high school to performing standup comedy, Horwich, who lived for years in Italy, shares her unabashed memoir and practical wisdom to teach intuitive cooking. Horwich shows you how to have more dolce vita in your life. The recipes are friendly for all diets―Gluten-Free, Paleo, Vegan, Dairy-Free, Low-Sugar, or just healthy and delicious.
Get ready for a luscious Cauliflower Mac-N-Cheese ai Quattro Formaggi, Burrata Crostini with Leeks and Raw Honey, Flourless Chocolate Blender Cakes with Olive Oil and Coconut Milk, and a chianti-braised brisket that tastes like Tuscany yet feels like Shabbat.
Horwich provides an entertaining read with fabulous, approachable, healthy recipes to transform your cooking game. Meal and a Spiel: How to Be a Badass in the Kitchen will teach you how to gain confidence in the kitchen even if you have no experience. You will learn:
• How to whip up a pasta sauce from anything in 20 minutes, like they do in Italy every day
• The 7 secrets to roasting delicious caramelized vegetables every time How to prepare a cheese board like a badass in five minutes
• The 6 pasta faux pas that will have your Italian waiter laughing behind your back Dessert recipes that you don’t have to feel guilty about eating How to choose the right olive oil
• What to keep in your house at all times so you can cook without going to the market
• How to make delicious “pasta” dishes from vegetables
• The big mistakes often made when grilling
• The principles of slow cooking and why slow cooking is great for beginner cooks
Raised in a home with parents who defrosted Lean Cuisine for dinner, Horwich missed a nourishing element to life. Like any rational person, she moved to Italy as a young adult and taught herself to cook. Having encountered her own stumbling blocks along the way, she creates a to-the-point approach to cooking that has already proven successful to thousands.
Sylvester & Co. Modern General®
Sag Harbor, NY 11963